• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

I think there are 3 things missing from The Division 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
It could still get picked up by a military in the future, yes, especially if they fixed the issues GE had with the older one.

Back on topic... lol...  While a minigun or microgun would be cool, if even just as a signature weapon,  its just something that doesnt interest me personally.  Mostly for the same reasons i never hop on the fixed emplacements, leaves you too exposed
Well it's okay with me that your not interested in the weapon. I wasn't just looking at it being cool or not. I was wondering if NPCs can use something that not available to us  be use by us in the game. I that to be a little unfair that we can't use the same thing that NPCs use the game. That was my idea in the first place. If they can have one. Why can't we have one too.

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
Good news for those of you that really do want it, mini-gun confirmed as signature weapon for the 4th spec, no other details on it yet.  Not really something I'll probably be using, but I'm sure I'll level the specialization, just to have it...  bit of a completionist, very much a loot whore which is why I love this game.

Lot of things I'm curious about with the mini-gun, tho. Like how much max ammo you can carry with it, and visual effects of it (like if it holds 1000 rounds of ammo, where is it being fed from... wouldn't really work with the backpack like from Predator since we already have backpacks... unless it'll just visually replace the backpack you have equipped when in that spec)

No real news on when we get the summer update, other than that it will be in the summer.

After doing some thinking, another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a hand-held flame thrower as a signature weapon(only say hand-held cuz we already have the turret one).  Lot of NPCs with em, way more useful than the riot foam ones we see, and way more fun roasting enemies with that than obliterating them with the grenade launcher or crossbow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Actually looking at Tidal Basin screengrab. What's that turrent placed on the platform to the left, grenade launcher? Or the smoke misleading?

TidalBasin_Header.jpg

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Clearly not the microgun.  It also seems to have invisible ammo stores and electrical batteries used to run a real one.

You do see this in the game with the tankier bosses already but they have the massive back pack etc.

I would imagine you cant use cover with this which really makes you very exposed as previously mentioned.  With the way armour and health really don't amount to much currently in the game,  not sure how practical this will be.  Very limited ammo as well.

Now they could put their own spin on it with Division alternative ammo that takes up much less room and makes it lighter etc but I still cannot see you being able to use cover with it unless you have a mounting / de-mounting time, which is when you cannot do anything else as you are you are setting up the weapon on cover. 

That could be workable and would bring in some negatives (x seconds to mount etc before you can fire).  If they did put that in though I would imagine it would be pretty pointless for all but boss fights as running through missions tends to be fairly fast moving.

The other option for limiting it is having limited batteries to run the gun with a battery only being good for x number of seconds firing.  Battery is out then the rotor mechanism no longer functions until you get another battery in place.

I can see people walking with it and getting smacked down hard pretty fast.  I can see people getting frustrated with mounting times if they did that.  The idea is interesting but practicality for the game I think is very limited.

Alternatively, maybe you cannot carry it with you but you can rip it off the fixed emplacements but it only functions for a limited time (batteries etc).  Possibly doable but the emplacements tend to be accessible after all the bad guys are down.

We'll see when it drops  :14_relaxed: .   tend to agree with @KRooKeD KRoW though.  Probably not one I would choose to use apart from a little fun.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Question When do we get the New DLC for Summer update??
  • Episode 1 – DC Outskirts: Expeditions will release in summer 2019, and take players to the surrounding areas of DC to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, and in a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy.
  • Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle will release in fall 2019, and feature additional main missions that will see players storming the Pentagon to unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America's most iconic locations.
  • Episode 3 will release in winter 2019, closing the first chapter of The Division 2's story and paving the way for what's next.

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
  • Episode 1 – DC Outskirts: Expeditions will release in summer 2019, and take players to the surrounding areas of DC to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, and in a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy.
  • Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle will release in fall 2019, and feature additional main missions that will see players storming the Pentagon to unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America's most iconic locations.
  • Episode 3 will release in winter 2019, closing the first chapter of The Division 2's story and paving the way for what's next.
Yes I would like to ask another question? Do you know what kind of new stuff we might be getting as in weapons & gear?

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
Yes I would like to ask another question? Do you know what kind of new stuff we might be getting as in weapons & gear?

Maybe not with regular weapons.

There are two new exotics, Pestilence and Nemesis. Speculation is that Pestilence is a M249 LMG variant and Nemesis is a M700 variant.

13224_Nemesis_5c45e2652bed6f5930884bf0980be5a8.jpg

division-2-exotics-pestilence-lmg-900x506.jpg

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
Clearly not the microgun.  It also seems to have invisible ammo stores and electrical batteries used to run a real one.

You do see this in the game with the tankier bosses already but they have the massive back pack etc.

I would imagine you cant use cover with this which really makes you very exposed as previously mentioned.  With the way armour and health really don't amount to much currently in the game,  not sure how practical this will be.  Very limited ammo as well.

Now they could put their own spin on it with Division alternative ammo that takes up much less room and makes it lighter etc but I still cannot see you being able to use cover with it unless you have a mounting / de-mounting time, which is when you cannot do anything else as you are you are setting up the weapon on cover. 

That could be workable and would bring in some negatives (x seconds to mount etc before you can fire).  If they did put that in though I would imagine it would be pretty pointless for all but boss fights as running through missions tends to be fairly fast moving.

The other option for limiting it is having limited batteries to run the gun with a battery only being good for x number of seconds firing.  Battery is out then the rotor mechanism no longer functions until you get another battery in place.

I can see people walking with it and getting smacked down hard pretty fast.  I can see people getting frustrated with mounting times if they did that.  The idea is interesting but practicality for the game I think is very limited.

Alternatively, maybe you cannot carry it with you but you can rip it off the fixed emplacements but it only functions for a limited time (batteries etc).  Possibly doable but the emplacements tend to be accessible after all the bad guys are down.

We'll see when it drops  :14_relaxed: .   tend to agree with @KRooKeD KRoW though.  Probably not one I would choose to use apart from a little fun.
Actually the Microgun is a lot different than the M134 minigun. A Microgun reloads & unloads as fast as a light machinegun. Also Microgun with a battery pack doesn't need to change the battery as much as you think. When the Microgun is firing the battery charges up each time the gun is fired. Since the ammo is a lot different than M134 minigun which uses 7.62 mm nato rounds & Microgun uses 5.56 mm nato rounds the ammo would be a lot lighter & easier to carry than the minigun's ammo.

RimBlock

Underground, overground, wombling free
Actually the Microgun is a lot different than the M134 minigun. A Microgun reloads & unloads as fast as a light machinegun. Also Microgun with a battery pack doesn't need to change the battery as much as you think. When the Microgun is firing the battery charges up each time the gun is fired. Since the ammo is a lot different than M134 minigun which uses 7.62 mm nato rounds & Microgun uses 5.56 mm nato rounds the ammo would be a lot lighter & easier to carry than the minigun's ammo.
Yep although a few thousand rounds add up in weight regardless of caliber.  At that point I think the 5.56 vs 7.62 differences are just a matter of how quickly you sink up to your neck in the mud  :51_scream: .

The pic posted as a teaser for the game also looked like the full size version so not a microgun.

quinch1199

Dwarven Lord Under The Mountain

quinch1199

As to the opening post..one HUGE up vote for a flashlight!!! So needed in this game.

I'm less enamoured with melee weapons, considering the swapping of weapons is already slower than Div 1, and by the time someone gets close enough to you to melee your first response is to escape and you can't swap weapons doing something like a barral roll. Personally, I can't see me remembering to swap to melee over the other two guns I have available.

I'm hoping for them adding the AKX2S (bullpup AK) but I believe I spotted it in the trailer for raids...so I'm really getting my hopes up!

Actually I want the Blackstorm version (BS-4) ...photo attached.....in game.

Ukrainian-Black-Storm-BS-4-Bullpup-Conversion-Kit-for-AK-Rifles-1.jpg

quinch1199

FYI - The NEMISIS actually seems to be a AXMC or AM308 by Accuracy International. Bolt, return, free floating barrel assembly etc look identical. Its a variant of the  L118A3 as used by UK Special Forces currently. Its likely its the AM308, seeing as the setting is in the US and you yanks do love your .308 cartridges for some reason! lol

http://www.accuracyinternational.com/ax308.html

ax308-18.png

KRooKeD KRoW

Community Agent
Hah, forgot about the Wildlands predator stuff. That was a lot of fun. 

Mounting the minigun on any cover would increase it's usefulness a bit, but still not something I'd use much, just to level the spec or when bored and want to cause some mayhem (which isn't often, nowadays).

Melee, I wouldn't be swapping to it when an enemy get's close, I also prefer to roll away and switch guns if necessary.  Melee for me would be more switching to it, maybe when down to the last few guys.  Yell "Leeerooooy Jenkins" and rush in for a little melee fun.  

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
The suitcase-sized minigun is going into full production in 2019 of this year. You'll be seeing the use of the gun in the Military within 6 months from now.

As seen here:

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
I notice when I posted this. Some of the weapons that I suggested like the M134 Minigun & Microgun didn't go well with some of the others who posted here.

genedjr

Community Elite
While cool, the real weapons are novelties.  With the massive consumption of ammo, its weight, the lack of range, time to service, depot setup for parts and repair - it simply would not fit in current squad doctrine and the logistics would be a major challenge.  But many things change doctrine - this may be one of them.  But it won't happen overnight - 

But hey, in game, h3ll yes I want one. 

...gene

Malcolm Kocinski

Community Elite
While cool, the real weapons are novelties.  With the massive consumption of ammo, its weight, the lack of range, time to service, depot setup for parts and repair - it simply would not fit in current squad doctrine and the logistics would be a major challenge.  But many things change doctrine - this may be one of them.  But it won't happen overnight - 

But hey, in game, h3ll yes I want one. 

...gene
Like I said before if a NPC can have one. Why can't I have one !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements