• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Random Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahdan

I don't have a specific error, but the lag in the game is on and off. One week it's going amazing and smoothly and the other it's laggy with like 10 seconds delay. I hit the enemies and the damage numbers appear later. This is completely unacceptable. My Internet test speed revealed 6.5mbps. I've done all the steps you posted and this is still happening randomly. It's completely annoying that I'm praying each time I open The Division that I will be able to play with my friends! This is not my internet problem, obviously. All games and services are going extremely well except The Division. It's completely outrageous that I can't play I game that I bought. My friends are having the same issue.Update: I reached out to Ubisoft's support chat and the guy checked everything is ok with my internet set up. So, it's not from my end.

Xeromaus

The Rogue Mod
Your connection speed will go up and down as you play, so checking it out after the fact will show you nothing. Speed testing would only be a reliable account of the issue if it was watching only the connection between yourself and the games servers (which will slow you down more). Same goes for Ubi saying your connec is ok... unless they watch your connection while you're running (which will slow you down more, again), they will know nothing.

Often, the type of off and on lag you describe can be attributed to local bandwidth leeches (high traffic on your connection/end), high server population resulting in global connection issues (their end), or a combination of the two resulting in a poor quality handshake between you and their servers.

Sometimes, shutting down the game, waiting a few minutes, then restarting it can fix the issue by transferring you to another server. If the lag is still present, either the games population is extremely high everywhere at that time, or it's an issue on your end...whether intermittent or constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements