• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Taking a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I plan to make an appearance for 1.8, not sure when, but I want to see what it has to offer.  I've managed to miss GE 1 & 2, and will most likely miss GE 3 depending on when it is (still gots no classy gear), but I want to take a look at the carrier portion of the map and whatnot.  I haven't really listened to SotG or any casts in like 3-4 months, so I'm going to be surprised by what I see, most likely.

Oh. daesu

agent provocateur
I plan to make an appearance for 1.8, not sure when, but I want to see what it has to offer.  I've managed to miss GE 1 & 2, and will most likely miss GE 3 depending on when it is (still gots no classy gear), but I want to take a look at the carrier portion of the map and whatnot.  I haven't really listened to SotG or any casts in like 3-4 months, so I'm going to be surprised by what I see, most likely.
Not sure if 1.8 you can calibrate non Classified up to Classified. Bit harsh that those miss out on higher gear because they missed a GE. 

It's not just getting the 6 piece talents. Classified has better stats, defacto gear score.

I'll miss GE 3. But at least I should hit GE 4 which has more preferential sets.

But still...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
Not sure if 1.8 you can calibrate non Classified up to Classified. Bit harsh that those miss out on higher gear because they missed a GE. 

It's not just getting the 6 piece talents. Classified has better stats, defacto gear score.

I'll miss GE 3. But at least I should hit GE 4 which has more preferential sets.

But still...
I just want the tactician set to be honest, predator and nomad seems like they are going to be the meta builds ....I just want to use my boom stick.

what is a little disappointing is that they have made two sets that are really op and screwed up shield builds for the non D3 players. Right now I really like the build diversity and hope some sets get a bit if a nerf to balance the gear sets out.

we don't need the alpha bridge brigade again...😂

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
DZ is the best place to get classy during non GE ... clearing landmarks/bosses . Play with a squad and share loot. Yesterday I got two striker bits, reclaimer and final measure plus a couple of exotics. 

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
I don’t really have any friends that play the game anymore, so solo play is what I’ve got to work with.  I’m be tried matchmaking in the DZ a handful of times and it sucked ass.   I’ll probably be relegated to the world boss runs.  

Jaypeg

Community Veteran
I don’t really have any friends that play the game anymore, so solo play is what I’ve got to work with.  I’m be tried matchmaking in the DZ a handful of times and it sucked ass.   I’ll probably be relegated to the world boss runs.  
Appreciate we are in different time zones but if you ever see me online give me a shout, we can run the dz

BROGOD

Community Veteran
PC platform - alas - and its very buggy.  I can complete the main story line, but so far none of the side stories - GPU crash, hung screen, dropped connection....  OldGamerGene is my handle.   (changed on TD too)

But even with that its fun to play.  I have seen evidence that more play is less XP for bright engrams (rare/exotic loot boxes) - I will do a little research, if true I will move on, F Bungie and consider it a lesson learned.  And this has soooo pissed me off - maybe even put up a fundme to sue them.  Come on - playing more is less rewarding - BS.

But I will be back for TD drop 1.8 and I do a TD PE bosses run at least every couple of days to stay less dull  :1_grinning:

Still love TD - just a little burned out on it.

...gene
Ah, I haven't had any of them issues. Not once. I've also bested the campaign, numerous times with my friends and three times solo on all three of my characters. Which are all now max power level. I've done the raids and I mainly just smash PvP and Trials of the Nine. I'm still having fun with the game, I'll carry you and your son through Trials if you still play :p

As for 1.8, haven't tried it yet and I don't know if I want to... has the game improved?

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
As for 1.8, haven't tried it yet and I don't know if I want to... has the game improved?
1.8 has added a new portion of the map, with the aircraft carrier that is docked in the northeast portion of town.  It’s also added 2 new game modes and increased the GS cap to like 296.

In addition to those changes, players can now optimize your gear, in addition to the usual recalibrsting 1 stat on normal gear and 2 on classifieds (I think that’s right for classified, I don’t have any get).  Optimizing costs Division Tech and some other mats (I think) but it allows you to get pieces that aren’t to max GS to the cap.  So, 1.8 added new content, but a lot of new grind and reason for that grind.  

I played the new horde mode, but not the PvP mode.  I’m currently investing a lot of time grinding in Diablo 3, so I don’t think I’ll do it in Division.  I’d need a lot of time and work to get my builds back to top GS again so I could have a chance in PvP and I don’t think I want to put that time in.  I know that’s the premise of a looter - grind, hit max level, optimize gear, repeat - but I don’t think I’d have as much fun with Division as I’m having with Diablo 3.

BROGOD

Community Veteran
1.8 has added a new portion of the map, with the aircraft carrier that is docked in the northeast portion of town.  It’s also added 2 new game modes and increased the GS cap to like 296.

In addition to those changes, players can now optimize your gear, in addition to the usual recalibrsting 1 stat on normal gear and 2 on classifieds (I think that’s right for classified, I don’t have any get).  Optimizing costs Division Tech and some other mats (I think) but it allows you to get pieces that aren’t to max GS to the cap.  So, 1.8 added new content, but a lot of new grind and reason for that grind.  

I played the new horde mode, but not the PvP mode.  I’m currently investing a lot of time grinding in Diablo 3, so I don’t think I’ll do it in Division.  I’d need a lot of time and work to get my builds back to top GS again so I could have a chance in PvP and I don’t think I want to put that time in.  I know that’s the premise of a looter - grind, hit max level, optimize gear, repeat - but I don’t think I’d have as much fun with Division as I’m having with Diablo 3.
Get Destiny 2, bro. It's a DECENT game, it's the same premise apart from it being funner in my opinion. The PvP is way funner, there's more control of your actions too. I always felt Division was a stiff shooter.

Diablo III is an amazing game too, though.

genedjr

Community Elite
My son and I are back in TD since the 1.8 drop.  Again super fun.  

Get D2 - its way fun - be aware however, the main story line is basic training.  Once you are through that its all about gear.

...gene

DeadSockPuppet

Stream Machine
Thanks for the input guys, but I have no interest in Destiny 2. I put over 500 hrs into Destiny over line 2+ years (pretty much all my gaming time) and I’m not looking to do the same, especially I’m enjoying D3 so much and it’s a huge grind too.  

BROGOD

Community Veteran
I know I'm grave digging the fuck out of this, but you should give Fortnite a go too if you're not already. I have been playing it since they launched the PvE, and the Battle Royale mode since the beta of it. It is really fun, especially the Battle Royale version. I think I have something stupid like 300 wins. It's a great game to just have fun on and blow off some steam. 

genedjr

Community Elite
/sigh - with the massive amount of GEs the last several weeks, I am totally burned out.  The good news is I have at least one piece of every classy.  The bad news is I simply do not want to play.

I have a maxed Striker (GS291, all gear/weapons optimized max) - fun toon.  She can really dish it out.  She can still use a bit of tweaking - again fun stuff.
I have a good 9K Tach - another fun toon.  Just a basic 9k+ electronics build - again way fun solo.
My Loanstar is Pakhan armed and really does great.  But for hard content, needs the right group.
My Devil/Heel toon is a work in progress, but way fun.
My other builds(sentry, dead eye, D3) are weak.  Though the D3 has 9K stam and a 2.3M shield  :8_laughing:

I went back to D2 - but its just not TD (or even close for end game). and I am at the point where I would need to spend serious time to progress - nada.
I have not looked at Borderlands 2 for over a year - and really don't miss it. (note: 4000+ hours in B2)

I am thinking of building a nomad for PvP - but as I am limited to a controller (space/physical issues), I think I will have limited success.  But could be fun.
Or do survival - but that is a completely different game (kinda).

Thoughts?

...gene

Last edited by a moderator:

Callsign_Gloves

Police dude
/sigh - with the massive amount of GEs the last several weeks, I am totally burned out.  The good news is I have at least one piece of every classy.  The bad news is I simply do not want to play.

I have a maxed Striker (GS291, all gear/weapons optimized max) - fun toon.  She can really dish it out.  She can still use a bit of tweaking - again fun stuff.
I have a good 9K Tach - another fun toon.  Just a basic 9k+ electronics build - again way fun solo.
My Loanstar is Pakhan armed and really does great.  But for hard content, needs the right group.
My Devil/Heel toon is a work in progress, but way fun.
My other builds(sentry, dead eye, D3) are weak.  Though the D3 has 9K stam and a 2.3M shield  :8_laughing:

I went back to D2 - but its just not TD (or even close for end game). and I am at the point where I would need to spend serious time to progress - nada.
I have not looked at Borderlands 2 for over a year - and really don't miss it. (note: 4000+ hours in B2)

I am thinking of building a nomad for PvP - but as I am limited to a controller (space/physical issues), I think I will have limited success.  But could be fun.
Or do survival - but that is a completely different game (kinda).

Thoughts?

...gene
I understand the pain. I've burnt out on TD a couple times. I usually take up to a couple months to come back, fall in love again, and just play the living sh*t out of it. I'm kinda burning out again also. Because, like you, the GEs. They were great, but I put a lot of hours in, and now I'm slowing down... Been playing Assassins Creed 3 more.

I personally like visiting survival. I have more hours into that than underground, or any other DLC. For awhile, the ONLY thing I would play is survival. I loved it, and still do, but not as hardcore as I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements