• Greetings, Agents! Welcome to the The Division Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division 3, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC Delta Error Code 20000988 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefnherb585

This is absolutely bs! Considering a refund as well! Nat type 2 here. Which shouldn't be a problem!!! Have tried some fixes with no help! Game runs fine till i join a squad for a mission. Ubisoft can gfy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire110

same issue for me. I bought the game last saturday and can't play more than 5-10 min. So what's next ? Does Ubisoft even recognize this as a problem ? Anyone got a anwser from them ? Nothing seems to be going on for this.

chiefnherb585

same issue for me. I bought the game last saturday and can't play more than 5-10 min. So what's next ? Does Ubisoft even recognize this as a problem ? Anyone got a anwser from them ? Nothing seems to be going on for this.
They say it's on our end... yet we play every other game just fine.. and I have friends that have no issues which baffles me.

NemesisPT

Community Member
They say it's on our end... yet we play every other game just fine.. and I have friends that have no issues which baffles me.
its true its on our end, but you are also correct, other games work fine without having to open ports or changing NAT type.

it all depends on our router, this game servers make conflicts with some routers, its a ubisoft mistake, our router blocks the game servers, its our problem.

my suggestion is:

-change settings in your router, u can open ports, activate DMZ, activate NAT1 or disable firewall. NAT1 fix it for me.

-change router, buy a new one that you know it will work, i recomend getting one that is router+modem with bridge then u can activate NAT1 with a simple click.

-wait for a patch, good luck on that since ubisoft say its on our end...

-sell the game

-

rawr_bumble

Hey guys, so I've been plagued with this bs error since last Tuesday's patch. After going in and manually updating my ps4 with an open nat type and static ip it has fixed the problem... so far. Good luck all. Youtube the method it's pretty easy. 

1- it is random and not individually so its there end "nice excuse not to open refund doors" .

2- i am not going to buy a new router  just because they can't fix it !

EvilNeo

I had the same problem and i found a fix, just give NAT1 to your console or PC on your router.Had this problem all the time since i got the game 4 days ago, always got the delta error 20000988 every 10 minutos it was frustrating as hell losing the game servers in the middle of every mission and restarting from last checkpoint.Finally after some investigation i found a solution that works for me, i never got any error again after giving NAT type 1 to my PS4, its a problem with our router and not ubisoft servers!Here is the fix, just fallow the steps:- Log in to your router with admin codes, normal user codes wont work, u must access admin tools!- Local network - settings - activate the Bridge on port 4 - connect a ethernet cable on your ps4 and on slot 4 of your router, this will give NAT 1 to your ps4- restart router and ps4, then connect ps4 via LAN with automatic settings, u will get NAT1 and your ready to go, problem fixed.This steps can be different from router to router, just look up on your router guide how to give NAT1 to your ps4 or pc.
how are you suppose to do this on PC?
i've checked my router's settings and the only things that i did is manually adding the division ports into NAT with my static ip address and yet the problem is still there :/
i played the game one day only without the problem and that was my first day trying the game
each time i play i get alot of elements interaction lag and hit delay and after less than 5 minutes i end up with the delta 2000988 error ,makes the game extremely unplayable :/
i cant find anything about bridge connection on my router settings

rcollyer

Hey Everybody,

So I recently experienced this problem myself and have come across a rather simple solution if flushing your DNS did not work for you, and that is to verify your game files. Funnily enough this error seems to only affect one character, and you can use other or create new characters and not get this error. Anyway, this worked for me, please find the instructions below. 

If you're using UPlay:

Go into uplay, and click the division. Along the left hand side under the play button there should be some options. Click on properties, and under game install location there should be a button called verify files. Click on that and wait for it to finish. Once it's finished restart uplay, and try logging into your character now.

If you're using Steam:

Find the game in your Steam list, right click on it then click on properties. There should be a tab called local files. Click on that then click on the button that says verify integrity of game cache. Same thing let it finish then restart Steam and try logging in again. If it still doesn't work try doing it through uplay as well.

Hope this works for you.

Fire110

Alright i think the problem is solve for me. All i did is i RESET my router and install it back all over again. i did not change any setting, just reset and install. i played alot today without any error or lag. I used to have Delta 20000988 every 5 min too. hope this help. good luck.

NemesisPT

Community Member
how are you suppose to do this on PC?
i've checked my router's settings and the only things that i did is manually adding the division ports into NAT with my static ip address and yet the problem is still there :/
i played the game one day only without the problem and that was my first day trying the game
each time i play i get alot of elements interaction lag and hit delay and after less than 5 minutes i end up with the delta 2000988 error ,makes the game extremely unplayable :/
i cant find anything about bridge connection on my router settings
Probably your router doesnt have the modem option on port 4, its probably a basic router... not every router has the bridge option.

btw you must enter your router as admin to access admin tools, basic user tools wont show you the bridge option.

then just activate the bridge on port 4, it will make port 4 working as a modem, connect your PC to the slot 4 of your router with a cable, it will give you open NAT type aka NAT1.

but if your router doesnt have that option, you must try other things, PC with a static ip in DMZ, flush DNS, disable the router firewall...

hosam

Community Member
i have 4 days with this error 2000988

finally i have resolved it

i am from egypt

i made a reset to my router (TPlink) entered configuration numbers like isp gives to me 

i didn`t make any changes to setting on my router one thing you have to change to activated UPnp on your router and restart router

that`s helped me

EvilNeo

i have 4 days with this error 2000988

finally i have resolved it

i am from egypt

i made a reset to my router (TPlink) entered configuration numbers like isp gives to me 

i didn`t make any changes to setting on my router one thing you have to change to activated UPnp on your router and restart router

that`s helped me
i might test that as soon as possible
please ,can you report back here after some time and tell us if the problem is like permanently gone?

chiefnherb585

It's indeed on our end sorta lol either update your routers firmware if you can, I couldnt. My linksys was 11 years old. No support for the wrt54g5. Bought a new mid class $150 linksys and voila game runs mint!! 

pharo92

Thank God I'm not the only one.  It's was running perfectly fine and I was really getting into the game and now with this error (DELTA 20000988) it's gotten to the point that I just don't even try to play anymore. I really hope this gets fixed otherwise I think I'll be selling the game pretty soon....

DVDFMerlin

Well this issue certainly isn't fixed. Unable to get through a game now without a Mike or Delta error. Opened ports and followed the guide(why I have to this for this game when others work fine is beyond me)And if I'm not enduring the disconnects I get the black screen error on start up and I have to go back into settings to change a resolution etc. All in all I regret my purchase as I seem to spend most of my time trying to reconnect or in some menu trying to fix something.This is not my first Ubisoft game so I suppose I have no one to blame but myself.

hosam

Community Member
HEY EVERY ONE THERE IS A Program named hide me  https://hide.me/en/ 

down load it and register in there site to get free account  that will gives you 2g of vpn data  without register will give you 500 m of data

make the account and try that will make 2000988 away from the game

it`s worked for me

note

1-2g will renewed every month

2- don`t open or make a down load or torrent while opening the hide me that will make the program count the download from the 2gb that`s gave to you

_ibrahimox_

Hosam, 

did Tedata give u instructions on how to run the game without the connection errors?
and if so , then what the VPN for?

hosam

Community Member
tedata didn`t give me any thing they blocking online games as you know

but this is a solution  in this time til this problem will be solved

ودي أ خرت تحيا مصر هيفشخونا من الخدمات عشان مصر :bah:

midoomidoo

^^this is not tedata problem.i have 8mb at home for my router and i use it alone. Other games like blops3...etc i have no problem whatsoever regarding crashes or lag. It is a problem with the division game. I keep getting Mike and delta error no matter what i do. i even reinstalled the game and reset my router to factory and nothing is solved. Ill keep trying for now because from what it seems its a router problem. i have dlink.

hosam

Community Member
this is tedata problem or name it  Telecom Egypt problem or name it we are the third world country

i tried every thing like you said may be the other games the lag is high but at least you can play it

but the ubi soft servers depends on specific ports that blocked from our ISP like tedata or telecom Egypt 

with the vpn software i can play the game without delta 2000988 and works perfect that`s my opinion you like or dislike it`s up to you

note

Facebook in Egypt will have a new control methods like region locked pages or some thing like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisements